Life as a Merry-Go-Round

You may have had a rough life, present & future – but who are you to judge the future?

Who are you to say how, when, where, & why your existence should, & will be soon be gone for it is of no use?

Who are you to tell me no one cares, when even the thought of it bring tears to my eyes, & everyone else that loves you dearly?

Life isn’t a burden but a blessing.                                                                                                 

You do not stab it, but nurture it.

You caress it as if it’s your own baby – something delicate & Fragile.

Fragile as your immortal thoughts seem to be, your heart isn’t.

You have the heart of an angel – pure & warm.

Someone like you has so much to offer to this corrupt, jungle of a world.

And you deserve so much of what life has to offer you – love, happiness, family & love.

Why has life given you so many obstacles?

You are not the only one.

You are not.

Life is like a stepping stone; hop on one foot to reach the other stone, & still you’ll stand with the other is still in thirst of balance. Yes – you’ve lost a lot. You’ve undergone unbelievable pain – none of which you deserve. But the person you think you are,

you really aren’t.

I’ve had your heart in the palms of my hand – I know you inside-out.

This isn’t You.

You are not this weak,

You are not worthless,

You are not who you think you are.

You are loved, cared for, and looked upon.

You are too blind to look in the mirror & see your heart through your eyes as I have.

You may not believe the things I say, but one day you will.

And that one day, you will realize the many lives you’ve saved –

including mine.

farnaz.kh.98

My favorate part of this poem is the strong messafe that I wanted to convey. I have given this poem to many of my friends who were deeply troubled and have wanted to commit suicide. Giving them this poem to read made them back away a step and that is why I am proud of this poem.