War

How do you win the same battle when you don't think that you have anymore fight?

And when it seems like you have to give up because it seems like you can't do anything right?

It always seems like no matter how much I try, I am just never good enough,

And that things are just becoming too much, and all of this has been really tough.

I know that I am strong, and that I can overcome it,

But I am so tired of being there for everyone when they need me, but they all leave me feeling like shit.

I know I am strong enough to handle all that I have been through,

But that does not mean that I have to keep dealing with the same crap from you.

Why is it that when you show someone you care, all they do is take you for granted,

And they throw it all away; the relationship that you worked so hard to grow from what you planted.

I am finally starting to realize that I am good enough for people when they need me, but that's all,

And even though I am always there for them, I know that they will never be there to catch me when I fall.

I am always the bigger person, and I always apologize even when I am not the one that should,

All because I want things to be okay, and I want to make sure that we are all good.

But that's the problem, that is exactly why I keep getting fucked with,

Becasue people think they can take advantage of me, but I am going to prove that this is a myth.

I am no longer going to be the bigger person, and forgive people who are not actually going to apologize,

Because at night, I am the one who has to sit there after crying and dry my own eyes.

I am going to disappear for a while, and no one is going to see or hear from me,

Because I am not going to let people stop me from being the girl that I want to be.

It sucks to admit it, but I know that no one really does care,

And I am tired of being in all of these relationships where nothing is fair.

You people always talk about you, but not once did you ask me how I'm doing,

And none of you know about the personal stuff in my life that has been brewing.

If I don't reach out, than we don't talk, but then you get mad at me,

And that is not how the friendships are supposed to be.

I'm tired and I'm done, and I wonder if I were to tell any of you what was going on, if you would actually care,

But these bruises are becoming too much, and they are well beyond repair.

I go above and beyond for all you, but you fuckers never do the same,

And I am not going to blame myself, you all are the ones to blame.

I am not the same person that you tried to hurt; I am no longer that person,

And I tried so hard to save our frienships, while you all just allowed them to worsen.

I am not going to get upset anymore when you ignore me, or leave me out,

Because from now on, my life is going to be taking a completely different rout.

In one month you'll see because I am going to make you all live your life with so much regret,

My story is far from over, and I am not done writing it yet. 

This is my story, and I going to start fresh and turn the page,

Because I am in the spotlight, and it is my time to take center stage. 

I am no longer giving anyone the power to hurt me,

And becasue of that I am finally free.