Spring

I have never really been a person to really enjoy when it was Spring,

Because I never really sat back and thought about all of the changes and the beauty that it can bring.

For the first time in a long time, I am actually excited for the season to change,

And even though it is for good reasons, it still does feel a little strange.

I guess just like the weather is changing, I am as well,

And I feel like I am no longer struggling and going through so much Hell.

I was always told that if you look on the bright side of life, things will always fall into place,

But I kept thinking that it wasn't happening fast enough, and that we all need to do this at our own pace.

Just like the beautfil Spring flowers of the season, everything takes time and blooms when it's ready,

Even though it can be difficult at times, and the journey is not always completely steady.

We may not realize it, but even when things get hard, we have to remember that everything happens for a reason,

And that even when nothing is going right, it will only be around for one season.

No matter what, the hard times will all everntually have to pass,

And that you don't have to find somewhere that is greener, you just need to take care of your own grass.

I have learned that you need to embrace the bad times, because it makes you appreciate the good that much more,

And that you need to remember, when one closes, you can always find another door. 

Julian Favretto

An overall uplifting and encouraging poem about change,, both in the seasons and in life.