Letting go

And we are at it again, why do I go back to him out of all men.

Just to sit and pretend, like I love him again. 

Like he is actually a friend, but worse than letting a stray dog move in.

Time is moving at a fast pace, can’t let alive pass me by, these moments won’t last long.

Only a matter of time before we'll be back to the same old song.

Seeing the Red Flags, but Ignoring the right and embracing what’s wrong.

Trying to change another human into your vision of them is like beating a dead dog. 

Harder than driving blind while blind folded through the fog. 

I'm at my best when I'm single, on my own, not lonely, but alone. 

Working to strengthen the weakest parts of me, focus, and I stay in my zone. 

When I love, I'm all in, bring out the wine, everyday is a celebration, toast.

I need the company of healthy friends because I’m prone to do the most.  

I'm a good partner and lover, I'm not here to brag or boast, neer leaving you on zero. 

I'm loyal, trustworthy, a beast in the sheets, and a real friend you can depend on. 

Keep it 100, I'm open minded, understanding, there’s no need to lie or pretend. 

I won’t take, more than I give, living by the principle of treating others, as I want to be treated.

It’s time to rebuild myself, fortify my foundation, and wash my soul of these past offenses.

Forgive myself for pouring my love into an overfilled, but empty cup of nonsense. 

I need not rely on myself to understand what's not meant to be understood, that’s HIS business.

Focus my love and affection on my next of kin, sincerely apologize, make amends.  

Things will never be the same, everything is temporary, we can't go back, and don’t want to.

We've had some tough times, looking forward, without you, I see less days of crying over you.