Failure

Sometimes it's hard to admit it, but sometimes you need to accept defeat,

And that the future that you thought you were heading towards ends up not being so sweet.

It is even harder to accept this devastating truth when it comes to romance,

Because it is a hard pill to swallow when you realize that the one you love is not even willing to give you a chance.

You sit there wondering why you are not good enough, and you question where you went wrong,

Because you really thought that he had the same love for you; even if it wasn't quite as strong.

At the end of the day you lay in your bed crying, trying to hide the tears,

But you are full of flaws and disappointment, and instead of faith, you only have fear.

You know you are a hopeless romantic and you so badly want to believe in those happy endings,

But you realize that you were so stupid to think that he felt the same, and you realize that he was just pretending.

You so badly wanted to believe that this time it was different, but you come to realize how stupid you are,

And instead of it being the time that you heal, all it does is leave you with another scar.

You feel like such an idiot for thinking that once in your life you were good enough,

But you really should know by now that you are the one who is never picked for this kind of stuff.

But you get it now, you see all of the beautiful girls that are surroudning him,

And maybe it could've worked out, if you were tan, beautiful, lovely, and slim.

As much as you want to embrace that hopeless romantic side of you, you know that it isn't true,

Because at the end of the day, you will always have to accept the fact that they will never pick you.

The sad thing is, is that you have come to this realization many times before, 

And you need to accept the fact that you don't know what you are even trying for.

It's really hard to accept the reality that everything you worked so hard for was for nothing at all,

And you realize that you read eveything wrong, and that you were the only one to fall.

After all of the heartache and disappointment, you have come to realize that some things don't really turn out for the best,

Because you know that this feeling is something that you are used to, but it still feels a little strange.

For the past couple of months you finally started to feel hopeful and full of life again,

But you are now hurting even more, and you are suddenly full of a lot of remorse and even more pain. 

As you lay in your bed crying, with your hand covering your mouth so no one can hear you,

You start to think that maybe this is how it will always be, and that there is nothing else for you to do.

No matter how hard you try, you need to except the fact that you are not good enough, and this is your reality,

And that no matter how hard we try, some things are just not meant to be.