Day One

I remeber day one, when you walked in the room without your usual kick to your step. You told me you were moving into the city and away from our nowhere town.

I remember day one after you had gone, when you told me no one could replace our bond. I was so foolish to believe that I, halfway across the country, would make an impact on you.

I remember day one after you stopped your calls. You said you were busy. I said I will talk to when your'e not. But you always were.

I remember day one after you recieved my letter. Because we thought writing would be fun. I asked when you sent me mine, you said you didn't feel like it. You never told me why.

I remember week two, after you never said a word. I wanted to talk to you so much. Why did I always have to be the first to reply? Why do I always have to be your last choice?

I remember day one since I deleted your number. I told myself you would text me if you cared. Well, you must not have because you never did and I never can.

I remeber day one when I realized I adore people ten times more than they do for me. That was the day I met you. I knew, and jumped without looking anyways.