You

I have been trying so hard to erase you from my mind,

And I keep reowrking it in my mind that I am fine.

I go through phases, and one day I'm okay and the next day I am falling apart,

And I am slowly realizing that I will never be able to erase you from my heart. 

All of the memories that we made and the conversations that we had are things that I will never be able to erase,

And everywhere I look, especially where they happened, I will always see your face.

I thought I was finally ready to move on and find another, 

But I realized that there will never be an other.

I am talking to so many other people, but the problem is that they are not you,

And as much as I want it to happen, I am no longer going to allow myself to feel blue.

I was always able to get over everyone else, until you came along,

And I thought it was because I let this go on for too long, but I realized that I was wrong.

It was because in the past, I didn't love them, but I know I do you,

And as we continued to be together, the love I had for you continued to grow.

I am realizing more and more that you do love me too,

And I was scared to admit it, but deep down it was something that I always knew.

I know the story of your parents, and I know that one day that will be us,

And I know that true love is something that can't be rushed.

There is so much going on for both of us, that right now is not the right time,

But I know that in the future, when we both are ready to settle, you will be mine.

I have realized that I need to stop listening to everyone else, because they don't know the whole story,

And those same people are not in it for true love, and they don't understand that glory.

That good things take time, and you need to be patient if you are in it for the long run,

And that you can't settle and be with just anyone if you re trying to find the one.

I had given up on my epic love story until you came along and changed everything,

Because when you walked into my life, I didn't realize how much joy you would bring.

And then three years later, you mean more to me now than you ever did before,

Because you reinforced love in me just as I was getting ready to shut that door.

I do believe that everything happens for a reason, and that there was a reason why you came to me when you did,

And you were the kind of love that I had been dreaming of since I was a kid.

I am realizing more and more that I mean more to you then you are willing to admit,

And that we are each other's missing piece that we have been able to try and make it fit.

I realized that I just need to keep working on me and it will happen for us when the time is right,

And that you will be the one holding me tight at night.