Stepping Into Perfection

08360

I am “Perfection”. The personification of a real man.
Knowing when to stand firm and when to bend.
Always prevailing against the unforgiving waves and currents that are thrown towards him. Never giving way allowing the ways of the world to break me.

I said I am “Perfection.” The personification of a real man.
A miser of wit and wisdom.
Taking in the knowledge of the elders and grasping it.
So that one day this growing young man can be one of the Wiser who’ll teach the younger of the masses, someday.

Once more, I am “Perfection.” The personification of a real man.
Open to life’s wonders yet guarded from the haters who surround me by Him who is within me.
Humbling himself, putting his ego aside in order to reach out and touch the minds of the meek encouraging them to be strong. To go through and experience the world in ALL its ugly. Soaking it all in because I know of its beauty.

I say I am Perfection. The personification of a real man.
Here to go forth to preach the gospel to the masses.
But first I’m starting here one-on-one. I’m starting here peer-to-peer.
Because I know that you, The Youth, will not only hear me but understand me on a level that the elders can’t.
Here is where I start because it’s our generation that’s been chosen and targeted by the enemy to override and corrupt the world and to teach the next generation his wrong doing.

Why? Why are WE chosen? Because he knows that we are an unorthodox generation filled with all sorts of talents and gifts that God has given us. He knows that it is US who holds the future. Yet, we are afraid to speak up against him because we don’t want to be ridiculed by society. Judged by a false society because WE have chosen to stand out and speak up against the enemy. We don’t want to be rejected by society because in their words we are “young, still learning, and don’t know anything.” And we cling to and hide behind those words like Jether in Judges 8:20 who was discouraged drawing not his sword “…for he feared because he was yet a YOUTH.”

You see I am Perfection. The personification of a real man.
Asking you where is your faith and have you forgotten? Have you forgotten who you are and what the word says about you, The Youth? Like in…
Psalms 127:3-5 where it says “Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows in the hand of a mighty man; so are the children of the YOUTH. Happy is the man that has his quiver full of them: they shall NOT be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gates.”
Or in...
Psalms 8:2 “Out of the mouth of babes and suckling hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.”
We have the power to change situations, destroy yokes, break generational curses, to put the fear of God in and ultimately defeat our enemies just at the flick of our tongues. Satan knows this and it’s about time that you do too.

I am Perfection. The personification of a real man.
My attention now turned towards the parents. (Fathers please stand.)
The bible says in Genesis 18:18...”Seeing that Abraham shall surely be a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth? For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord, to do justice and judgment; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken upon him.”
Proverbs 22:6 “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” And Colossians 3:21 “Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.”
I charge you, the fathers, in this hour to take up the role of Abraham in your households and to teach your children in the Lord and give them guidance in the spirit as well as the flesh. Stand up as a Father should and encourage your children when they think they can’t and even when they know they can. Mothers stand as well. As a Father is here to provide, teach, and protect, a mother is here to nurture, teach, and protect as well. Mother and Father, they work hand and hand and without trying to one up one another. Work together as a unit to train your kids up right. Your kids are you seeds. So doing so you’re planting your seeds in good ground which means your harvest will be plenty. TOGETHER BLESS YOUR HOUSE.

And when I say “man” I don’t mean “man” as in male opposed to female. I mean “man” as in mankind, a people, both male and female alike. And no I am not perfect though I say I am Perfection. Let me explain through my own experiences because I’m not here trying to convict you and make you feel bad about yourselves but I’m here trying to inspire you and teach you. Feel me?

You see as human it is in our genetic and spiritual coding to enjoy having a good time. Why? Because we serve a God of joy. The Bible tells us this in Romans 14:17 “For the kingdom of God is not of meat and drink but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.” Think about it… Ever notice how in almost every uplifting gospel song or in those uplifting scriptures in the bible it tells you to “Rejoice in the LORD”? The root word of rejoice is joy, prefix with re- which is to do again. Put it together rejoice, have joy again, be happy again but this time in the Lord. Why? Because He brought us out. Out of what? Well, I could start with your depression, your sickness and disease, your pain and suffering, your hard times and trials, you being broke and homeless. Need I go any further? I think not. Just in case you didn’t know, God wants to see us happy.

Now also in the flesh we are curious beings meaning we have the urge by nature to taste and see, to investigate, things for ourselves with or without persuasion. NOTICE that I said WITH or WITHOUT PERSUASION because it’s not always the devil telling you to do something sometimes it’s SELF telling you to do it. We have to learn how to recognize that and tell self to get out of the way. With that being said, let’s talk about me. In my friends’ eyes I’m a “church boy” always in church doing praise dances and I’m the one they usually look to when it’s time to pray or anything. So on and so forth.

But I don’t know if you know this or not but “Church People” can get caught up too because they aren’t no different from anyone else and they still have a target on their backs by the enemy too. See we live in a world of falsehood, where everything has a veil over it. Its kayfabe, fickle, it’s masked, and essentially it’s fake. With that being said, I got caught up in that falsehood and seemingly forgot what was real because I wanted to have a good time. I thought that drinking my “juice” and burning “foul incenses” while I’m partying with all my peoples that ALL my pain and troubles would go away. But even as I was doing my little ditty bop over time it started to get old and I started to grow tired of it but I still kept doing what I was doing because I wanted to have a good time. Meanwhile as I was over here jumping, laughing, singing, and dancing doing my thing in my falsehood. The people over “there” were jumping, laughing, singing, and dancing having a REAL good time as well. They were having an ongoing everlasting party that I didn’t know about well I forgot about because at that time my back had been turned from that direction and I surrounded myself in my own falsehood so I couldn’t see it. But over there was Perfection and over there was the body of Christ and my true happiness. Over there was Christ himself.

Now once the party was over, here, where I was and when I came down from my drunken high…I realized that I was still in the same scenario that I had started in. Now I don’t know how fast witted yall are but that meant despite where I said I was going and where I wanted to be, I went nowhere because of what I was doing. The same pain and troubles that I was running from was still there and I started to realize that. See that was when I said to myself that “I don’t want this in my life. I don’t want this drinking thing to get out of hand and hinder me from doing what I got to do to further myself in this world and in Christ.” And when I said that my ears had been opened to a sound that I had never heard before and it was so beautiful.
And though I could hear the sound I still couldn’t see it because of what I had allowed to surround me. My falsehood still was there and was doing everything in its power to block me from seeing the source of the sound. But I remembered that Mark 11:23 says, “For verily I say unto you, that whosoever shall say unto this mountain, be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.” So I told my falsehood (which was my mountain) by faith to move and I saw the source of the sound. I could finally the see the people over there still partying and have a good time. In the midst of the party God was there and wherever God moved they moved just trusting Him in whatever direction He went. And every time they moved while trusting him, their appearances changed and looked better than what they did before.

And as I watched all I could say was “Wow! I want that. I want to be a part of that.” Because over there I saw what Perfection really was and I wanted to be a part of that Perfection. Now just as fast those words left my mouth I heard God’s voice saying “Come with me and take my hand.” And the word came to me not once, not twice, but 3 times saying…”There are some things that you’re doing that you can’t do anymore and some people that you can’t hang around anymore because I have something greater for you.” Sometimes we need to be told more than once because often we hear but we don’t listen. So anyways, I took His hand and I’m allowing Him to guide me into Perfection because I’m not fully in there yet and no it ain't easy getting there. But everybody knows that in order for you to get from one place to another you must travel. So I’m traveling by faith. Yeah I know I got people doubting me saying “Devontae, why are you lying to yourself and everybody else? You know that you’re just gonna do it again.” Then you have “Self” tempting you on the other hand. Those are some distractions that I’m overcoming but I don’t care about their opinions because they’re not going to get me to where I want to be. And referring back to Mark 11:23 by faith I’m going to keep on proclaiming boldly just like soldiers in the Army say “I am Army Strong.” That…I am Perfection. The Personification of a Real Man. And I’m gonna keep on stepping and pressing until I reach my destiny in Perfection, which is in Christ. I don’t want to be fake and be part of a false man hiding behind and telling a lie.

I want to be real and part of a real man where I can wear the truth on my chest and on my back and not be ashamed because of what somebody’s gonna say or feel because what I’m doing ain't what they’re doing anymore. If you want to step into perfection along with me and I say that because even though we have Christ to lean on we need somebody in the flesh to encourage us as well. We've got to do this together. I pray for you and you pray for me. I might not know you all by name but I’m labeling US as The Youth and I’m praying that God lifts up a standard for us that we may live and abide by His will and that He allows a suddenly to take place in our lives because we need a quick change in the atmosphere. Not a quick fix but a quick change because a quick fix is like a patch on a tire, it’ll only last for but a while. We need a quick change something will permanently last within us. But if you want to step into Perfection too stand up now and boldly say as one to the enemy, to the world, and to yourselves that “I AM PERFECTION. THE PERSONIFICATION OF A REAL MAN.” Now let’s celebrate for what’s yet to come…