Should I Stay or Should I go?

Sometimes I get so lost in my own thoughts that I don't know what to do,

My brain is telling me that I need to move on, but my heart only has feelings for you.

I'm so lost and it is driving me crazy, but not matter how hard I try, I can't get you off my mind,

And I feel like no one else will ever compare to you, because a guy as genuine as you is hard to find.

Sometimes I forget that you are so much younger than me because I can tell that your heart is genuine,

And I can't tell you how many late nights I have had thinking about what I would do if you were mine.

In the past it was easy to let go because they hurt me in ways that I don't even want to talk about,

But you were always so kind, and you never made me feel like there was anything to doubt.

I haven't seen you in two months, but when I reach out, you always answer quickly and seem to care,

And you can call me crazy, but I feel like the connection that we had was real, and it is something that is so rare.

We live in a society where a lot of people are in not in it to make it through to the end,

But I want you to stay in my life so badly, and I'm not sure if it is as a romantic partner or even as just a friend,

I usually get stuck around guys that I find attractive, but you always gave me that confidence to want to make you and me become a pair,

And I can't stop thinking about the way that your eyes would sparkle, and the way that you would run your fingers through your wet hair.

I remember the way you said you parents met, and that they knew each other for years before they actually went out on a date,

And I can't help but think that maybe we could be the same way, because I do believe in fate.

It gave me hope when I reached out because you are always quick to reply,

And I have convinced myself that you never said anything before because you can be insecure and shy.

I don't know if you are interested but the distance and the age difference affect the way that you feel,

But I don't care about any of that, because I know that what we have is real.

I don't want to give up on us, that is not a trait that I have ever had in me before,

But I really wish that if you weren't interested at all, then you would be honest, because then I know not to try anymore.

I want you so bad that it makes my heart ache, and I hope you feel the same way because I let my guard down for you, which is something that I told myself that I would never do,

But when you love someone, and you truly feel there is something there, you tend to do things that are typically not you.

Moving forward I really don't know what I am going to do because holding on makes me feel better about our circumstance,

And if I give up now, then I will always wonder what could have happened if I was just willing to put myself out there and take that chance. 

Marlon Pitter

You sound like me. I love this kind of poetry.

13laurend

Thank you!