The Mind

The mind has a funny way of playing tricks on you,

Even though you have it planned in your head what you want, your mind still takes over and tells you what to do.

You wake up everyday and tell yourself that starting today things are going to change,

But trying to turn your like around just makes everything else feel different and strange.

As hard as you try, you realize that you can't just wake up one day and rewire your brain,

And even though you try to overcome the storm, your day is still filled with clouds and rain.

It is not an easy thing to try and change, and you know that everyday is going to be difficult to deal,

With everyday there is a new struggle, and you try your best to stay positive that one day you can heal.

You realize that you can't do this on you own, and you seek out for someone who can assist,

And look from someone who won't let you quit, and who will make sure that you try your best to persist.

It makes it easier when you have someone to help you that also believes in you,

And gives you the tools that you need in order to do what you have to do.

It is not an easy journey to change what your mind wants you to believe,

But once you are able to break free, there is a sense of accomplishment and relief.