Keep Going

It always seems as if it is one step forward, and one step back, 

And that when things go wrong, it is because of the strength that you seem to lack.

I have learned over time, that that is just part of this game we call life and that it is meant to be in our story,

Because you have to go through some hard times in order to reach that glory.

And that everything happens for a reason, even though it was not something you wanted in your plan,

Because you need to remind yourself that you can keep going, even when you do not think you can.

And that other people may be trying to get in your head and try to bring you down,

But it is up to you whether you choose to stand up, or whether you choose to stay on the ground.

And that a lot of times, the people who get mad at you are jealous because you have something that they do not,

Because they don't understand that you have gotten to where you are because of all of the battles that you fought.

They may think everything has been handed to you, but they have no idea what you have been through,

And that everything you have done, many of those things are things that they could never do.

It can be hard to keep going when it seems like everyone is against you,

And it seems like there is nothing else left for you to do.

This is when you have to keep going, and you need to dig down deep,

Because you are the one who is working hard, while they all continue to sleep.

And that it may take a long time to see the results start to come,

But you are the only one who knows your story and where you come from.

Even if you don't see those results right away, you need to remind yourself what it is you are fighting for,

Because unlike them, you won't settle, and expect so much more.

All those years of hard work and dedication will eventually pay off,

Because you decided to keep going, even when things got rough.

Many people do not understand why you kept going when it seemed like it was all over,

Because you decided to make your own luck, and you do not need to find a four leaf clover.

Where some people wish for things to change, you are one of the few who makes that change take place,

Because you always found that one reason to stay in the race.

Yeah, things got hard, and there were plenty of times that you wanted to quit,

And there were some days when you did not think you could take one more hit.

But you remembered why you held on for so long in the first place, and that is what kept you going,

And all of the challenges that you went through are what helped you to keep growing.

Despite all of the drama and negativity that was going on around you, you always remembered your reason why,

And you knew that you would never forgive yourself if you didn't at least give yourself a try.

And that all the people who made you feel stupid for chasing your dreams,

Are now the same people cheering from the sidelines, wishing they had stayed on your team.