I've Tried

Tue, 12/19/2023 - 18:14 -- yeah

I tried.

I tried.

I tried; I really fucking tried.

You're in my mind all damn day and I can't stop thinking about you.

I can't stop thinking about your gorgeous smile or your childish yet beautiful laugh.

I can't stop thinking about your small hands and how they would feel if I were holding them.

I can't stop thinking about your hair when it's tied up in a loose ponytail and draped over your shoulder.

I can't stop thinking about whether or not you've emailed me back yet, which is why I check my inbox every 5 shitty minutes I spend without you.

I can't stop thinking about how much I want to tell you every little thing in my life and how much I love you, because I love you a whole fucking lot.

You talk to me and my stomach fills with damn butterflies that fly around like helicopter seeds, only swirling my awe of you more.

I can't stop thinking about how you try with everything, which is so awesome.

I've really tried, too.

But I can't stop thinking about you and your smiles and your kindness and how you're beautiful and your persistence in life and your hands and your hair and your emails and your friends who are lucky enough to know you and how I'm so lucky to know you and your greetings and how lucky the world is to have you and how grateful I am that you're here right now, in this moment, with me.

I can't stop thinking how everything about you is amazing.

Absolutely amazing.

Stunning.

Outstanding.

Captivating.

Beautiful.

I love you.

And I can't stop thinking about you.