It

I don't want to make love "just because".

Or as you say, "do it".
Reasons why I don't want to "do it".

Number one: who the hell says "do it"? You're either a "selfie" teenage girl or you're afraid. Of course we are both afraid but how do you expect to win my heart if you don't use a more reasonable, attractive word like sex or make love.

Number two: Speaking of my heart, have you seen it lately? I'm afraid it's gone missing, drowning under a pile of your lust and naughty thoughts. Before we "do it" you better learn to cleanse it and store it right next to yours because you haven't seemed to move your heart at all.

Number three: Even though I know we're only joking sometimes, you use the term "do it" so lightly. You toss it around like lettuce in a salad and expect for me to pick at it like that night at Olive Garden, only to learn that I don't have an appetite for salad. Sure, I am willing to eat salad only if you add a bit of verbal affection that I guess you could call ranch.

Number four: If this was called making love, then you wouldn't care if it fit or not because you would be focused on pleasing my soul, not the things below my waist.

Number five: I know that you're worried about hurting me but as long as I can still write poetry, then I'll survive.

Number six: I don't want to make love just because I have been the only girl to touch you the way your hormones have wanted. All this time I've touched out of love but have we bothered to toss that into the salad?

Number seven: I've loved you for 9 months but you haven't noticed. You don't see love hiding behind letters in poetry I've written for you. Your tongue doesn't feel different after I've spelled it a thousand times in between make out sessions. You didn't hear it slip out that day after I carefully analyzed all of the songs you put into my mixed cd.

Number eight: I've loved you for 9 months and that's long enough for a baby to develop. We don't want that.

Number nine: I've loved you for 9 months and I know that people fall in love at their own pace. I guess I sprint ahead of you instead of beside you because I will always be there guide you in the right direction.

Number ten: I actually fell in love with you and I don't want to "do it" just because.

klurrr

This is beautiful. I love your language and your style. It was relatable on so may levels, and that's an incredible thing. 

hisprincess13

Well done.