INTRODUCTION

Sat, 09/19/2020 - 15:31 -- ajac99

(INTRODUCTION) (Skip below to read a description of my mom to help understand

the poems.)

The next 6 poems I write are about my mom. My mom passed away when

5 years ago when I was 16 just 3 months after getting ran over by a car. I broke several

bones and was bedridden for a month before I was able to start walking again (thankful

that I am still able). This was a very hard year for me and impacted me tremendously

because my mom was my everything, my best friend, aand my #1 fan.

These are rough drafts for a poetry book that I am working on about family and loved  

ones. All were written in 10 minutes or less so they are not the best and definitely need 

some tweaking so any constructive criticism is welcome! I also have not started studying  

punctuation and going off of my natural instincts on punctuation, indentation, etc. If you 

have any tips on punctuation, indentation, or form: comment away! :) I want to share

my poetry becuase I feel it is a natural gift I have to express myself since the way I tend  

to write things in text is somewhat mysterious making the reader have to think about 

the text. Hence is why I dove into poetry because I've always wanted to be an author

I have just recently realized that my style of writing is atypical and works best in poetry.

Poems just flow to me, unlike writing paragraph after paragraph telling a story.

Plus, I prefer to be vague yet so descriptive at the same time. 

My mom: 

Very sensitive yet such a caring individual. The nicest person I have ever met in my life.

Someone who let life defeat her by letting everyone else deciding who she was and allowing

her depression to take over. She never gave herself the chance to discover and cherish her

beautiful soul who deserved the world and turned to alcohol and later turned to pills.

Definitely more physical beauty when she was younger, but in my eyes even after letting

herself go, I saw her beauty. Deep blue eyes, shorts brunette hair (that she always hated),

small delicate lips, plump cheeks that lit up when she smiled, medium midsection, small

legs, and proportionate feet. 5'8" I am going to insert a picture of her with each poem.

Thank you for taking the time to read this if you did. I'm sorry for being so wordy, but 

I just thought it was appropriate to start out with an introduction before jumping into the

poetry for a brief understanding. I could honestly go on and on, but this will do. 

Thank you <3