I Am Content.

I sit motionlessly, watching the bright rays of light dim over the horizon. I can hear the soothing sound of the waves striking the rocks, and the wet footprints running across the sand. This is the place where every problem in my life seems to become invisible. This is the place I feel at peace, and safe from all the negativity in this world. I do not feel happy nor do I feel any ounce of sadness. I am content. It is like there is a barrier engulfing the entire beach, as if it is its own planet, shutting out any trace of the outside world. This is my Utopia.

It is beautiful. As the sun descends, I watch the sky go through every phase of the color spectrum. I do not think much, but I feel.  I feel the breeze, and the cooling of the air as darkness approaches. However, I remain unresponsive, and impassive. I know I cannot stay here forever, reality has now set in. The barrier that blocked the outside world has now collapsed. I am reminded of why I came to this heavenly place, but as I slowly walk back to my car, I get this sense of comfort. This little voice in my head reminds me that everything will be okay. The footprints are swept away with every wave, the sun has made its departure, and the rocks remain robust as the waves slam against them.

I am a rock; I remain strong with every wave of reality striking my core. And as I drive off, I watch my little world slowly vanish in the rearview mirror. I am content.

JBurks14

I described my favorite place in the world.

KenBarbs

I like how it is very detailed and symbolic. However, as constructive critisicism, I feel that the last stanza from the perspective of the rock could have a bit more content to shine more light about why the rock is there. What more does the rock contribute to being on the beach? Furthermore, What symbolism stood out from that specific rock that convinced you to add it to the poem?\

Otherwise, this is a great poem, thanks for sharing!

JBurks14

Thank you so much! And I appreciate the constructive critisicism! I will definitely use that to improve my writing