Beauty is a beast

There is a reason two souls meet. Reaching out for one’s hand to grasp a feeling you have yet to feel. The beast met with beauty, but the beauty was too bright. It shined like the north star when the stars first come out. Maybe they found each other for a reason. They were two empty souls searching and wandering. Looking for a home they could've found in each other. The connection was strong but the feeling of despair had driven them apart. When their souls found each other separation felt as though it was impossible. Though they had a connection separation pulled them apart. There is a reason two souls meet. It may have been an accident that had driven them together. Maybe she just needed someone to show her how to live and show him how to love. But the exchange wasn't more than a mere rip-off. He gave her the world but she was one churlish girl. She took what she wanted when she wanted it without thinking of the feelings that surrounded her. There is a reason two souls meet. While she took what she can the beast was Munificent. He always gave and was very generous to everyone around him no matter what. Beauty did not care about what the Beast did she was only in it for herself. So she got up and left him standing in the middle of the garden. Tears struck his eyes as he watched her go. There is a reason those two specific souls had met. But this is not the end of our story. She said she loved him but she couldn't commit. He is a person, not a contract and love is a feeling you don't just find. It's deep down inside you waiting for the right person. It's not a cluster of papers awaiting his signature on a dotted line waiting for him to commit to something that was never truly there. There was a reason their two souls met. The beast needed to find love before the last petal fell. The kind of love you would think where one person meets another, eyes connect, souls collide, and existences intertwine. A love so great and so far beyond anything else that no words can truly describe that feeling. The kind of love the beast had received from beauty made him feel betrayed and braced him for further pain to come each time he continued to let her in. There were very specific reasons their two souls had met. Out of all the things beauty had done and said, the worst most damaging lie she had told the beast was that she loved him. She lied about that and that continued to shatter and break the beast as each day went on. It was the biggest mistake beauty would have ever made in her life, letting him go. The closest she ever came to giving was the day she gave up on him. The truth always wins no matter how attached you get to someone waiting for the day that could’ve been forever. There was a reason beauty and the beast had met. The day beauty left, the beast felt so sore and cold. Within the time he mourned her leaving because she made him feel broken and powerless, he gained knowledge and understanding about the flower as the last petals were starting to fall. The beast had been desperate for the kind of love that requires another person to try and make you feel good about yourself.  But what the beast hadn't realized was that he could have found any love that had two ways to it and it would make the curse break. Those two very souls met for a reason.

As the last petals reached the end of their life, the beast looked into the mirror and said the words he never thought he would say. "I love you." Not saying another word he walked back over to the enchanted rose. Not understanding that the curse would be broken through self-love he headed downstairs to tell everyone the awful news. As the beast began to open the door he began to get lifted up into the air like he was flying. The curse had been broken and the beast knew how to love himself again. The woman cursed him because he put others over himself all the time. She just wanted him to see the true beauty within. There was a reason beauty met the beast.

Poetry Slam: