When I Hold You

We were lying in bed. I had one arm under your neck, and the other was draped over your waist. Your head was snug into my shoulder. I want to hold you like that forever. You are more than a body intertwined with my flesh.  When I hold youI hold the oceans that are caged in your eyesThe waves that catch the shore by your pupilI hold the proof of your fighting and bravery- your battle scarsI cradle the parts of you he invadedAnd the barriers you put up to protect your emotional well being When I hold youI hold the flowers that grow in your soulI hold the mountains that you moveI caress your waterfall that flows when you need to releaseAnd the sun that beams when you grin with happiness When I hold youI hold the galaxies and the planets that float through your head-the reasons you are still awakeI hold the shooting stars in your mind-your dreamsAnd the world that you are                   I never plan to let go, because I love you.