The Wall

Fri, 11/08/2013 - 13:33 -- Damiia

You used to read me like a book, unbeknownst to the strength it took to make it look like I was ok.
I let love in but what good is being a lovey sap? You treated me like dirt and told me I wasn't worth crap.
I rescued you and you deserted me. You took life from me and even though I gave it up for free. Love isn't about the "what can I get from her" or "how far is he willing to go for me".

It isn't about the physical pleasure but about the pure elation of metaphysical treasure. A treasure in which earthy values hold no candle.
You want to know why I wanted our live to bloom? The older I get I realize too soon that love is the closest thing we have to magic.
You took something from me. Something that was innocent and naive and you filled it to the brim with impurities.

So I did what any other semi-sane person would have done: I pushed you to the other end of the universe.
I subtracted emotions like Happiness and Love from my equation.
I added Depression and Death in their places.
I sealed these bricks of negativity with cement made from blood, sweat, and tears and built The Wall.

The Wall kills the little happiness left in my world.
You made me a slave to my feelings and used me to build this wall.

Well... I get the final laugh because guess what?

Even the strongest of walls have cracks.

And where there is a crack, a minuscule sliver of light, I'll be there with a jack hammer to break free and rebuild the broken girl you left behind.

savigirl14

OMG...this is amazing. There is so much struggle in this young girl's life. I love the idea of you breaking down your wall of darkness to build yourself back up. Please read my poems and tell me what you think.