On Time

12095

As the hands move at an alarming rate, time is of the essence. What could you possibly do to turn this around? You could reflect on every waking moment or waste all of your time looking back through the window of puupy love, only for the memories to be drowned in the sorrows of yesterday's tomorrow. The one thing that keeps you moving can quickly turn on you and end your life for the worse... or the better. Your sweet apple has remained on Earth with your for almost your entire lifetime.
That one pretty girl you once had so much fun with when you were younger, dancing cheek to cheek in Times Square, walking hand in hand... is now all gone. The empty hourglass slowly fills back up with red sand as you reminisce about what once was, and still is, important to your valuable time. She was the Rosemary Clooney type, a girl that knew what she wanted and would not give up for her life. Her blonde hair and hourglass figure stopped the hands right in its track for but a moment. You were both infatuated with each other and spent every moment together. Time was of no object to you. When you were together, the hands stood the test of time. You never knew that time was actually ticking away and your biological clocks ticked at different speeds. The hands were still waiting to take one of you alone, only to leave the other to dissipate with the flooded eyes that held so many pictures of the both of you.
Love was ticking away, taking the heart with it. You remember that night so well. Cooking together in that kitchen was timeless. Rosemary chicken with red potatoes complemented the perfect bottle of champagne. Your time was the essence of life. As you sat down on that Christmas Eve night and watched "White Christmas" with good old Bing Crosby and Vera Ellen, you could not help but smile at the timeless classic. The love between the two characters was irrevocable. You stopped for a moment and thought about the future. You and she were soul mates; unable to be pulled apart by the hands. What you did not know was that the hands would soon separate the both of you and you would be the one drowning in the sorrows of yesterday's tomorrow thinking about what could have been.
Time is not grim. It will never keep you hurting for too long. The hands of time will not take your sweetheart up in paradise to be alone for too long without you, nor will they let you live on this Earth alone without her for too long. Your time will not be drowned in the sorrows of yesterday's tomorrow. Time does not keep love waiting. The hands of time will eventually take everybody and will not let you live alone weeping about the apple of your eye. The hands of time know that your apple will be waiting in the Garden of Eden, ready to be plucked by you when you arrive and start all over again. Time is not evil. The clock is forgiving of your future.
This is not particularly the end. Faded pictures in the mind's eye will form the future. As the hands move on, you know that you cannot spend time filling the hourglass back up with red sand. You know what the best thing to do is. The best thing that you can do is turn back the hands of time and let the hands take you up in paradise where life can be a dream with you and your sweetheart. The Garden of Eden will be waiting for you and your sweetheart to start fresh, and remain so... for a lifetime.