Not an option

Unfortunately, killing yourself isn't an option. It's not like you're a grenade and you'll blow up but then people will heal and forget about you

It's more like shoving a knife individually into people's hearts

Even people that only knew you in passing will go "oh god" as they feel the knife go in

And the people that did know you would cry and scream for days

And the knife would never come out

They'd see something that reminded them of you and feel it there

They'd celebrate a holiday and cringe when they feel it

They'd go to the store and instinctively buy something meant for you and then grit their teeth in pain as they slowly put it back

And sometimes they'd twist the knife. A lot at first, but then only every so often. But they'd keep twisting and twisting it while whispering "I could have done something"

I don't know what to say...

You tell that to your friends. You tell them how fucking selfish and cold hearted and cruel it is. You tell them that it doesn't matter if ghosts aren't real or not because if they die they will haunt you forever.

Thank you. You gave me a different perspective on suicide

I gave you the perspective of the survivors. There are people who survive successful suicides. They're  the people who mourn.

captain KRK

A conversation between myself and a friend in which I explain why suicide isn't an option.