My Best Friend

Losing someone you love is the hardest thing that anyone can go through,

It's so strange to think about them being gone when they were always there for you.

Some people will never understand the love that we have for our pets, 

But unless you have an animal of your own, it is something that you will never get.

You've been a big part of my life since I was six years old,

And whenever things got hard, you were always the one that I would hold.

No matter who you met, you could make anybody love you,

Because you were so loving and friendly, and you would do things that cats don't typically do.

Who else had a cat that would like to take baths, drink water from the toilet, and would sleep in the shower?

And you could even turn people who hated cats into cat lovers because you held that kind of power.

All you ever wanted was to be cuddled and loved,

And you were such a blessing and such an amazing gift from above.

It still doesn't feel real, to actually have to take into account that you're gone, 

And I keep thinking that I will see you like I always do at the crack of dawn.

Emma, you were one of the best things that ever came into my heart,

And I loved you from the second I met you at the start.

You were so funny, goofy and loving, and I could never not look at you and smile,

Because you had been my best friend for such a long while.

I love all my other pets, but there will never be another cat that compares to you,

Because you had a heart of gold, and your love was so pure and so true.

I never met a cat before that would eat french fries, oatmeal, pizza and dog treats,

And you would always give hugs and be so kind to everyone that you would greet.

Your meows were so funny to me, they were the cutest thing that I had ever heard,

And you loved to sit in the window and sit there and stare at the birds.

You were so friendly and you could make anybody's day,

And even in your old age, all you wanted to do was play.

I love you so much and I already miss you so much,

And I am going to miss cuddling with you, holding your paws, and feeling your touch.

I will never forget you for as long as I live,

Because you were so kind hearted and had so much to give.

I keep all of those memories and pictures that I have of you close to my heart and I will always hold them dear,

Because I can still feel your presence, and I know that you will always be near.

I'm glad you went quick and that you did not go through too much pain,

Because I would not have wanted that for you, and I want you to know that you did not die in vain.

I know you are running around in heaven now with Sam, Beavis, Fluffum, and Crusher,

And that all of you are together, and that you no longer have to suffer.

Say hi to your siblings for me, because I think about you guys all the time,

And you guys are the best things that I have ever been able to call mine.

My little baby Emma, my munchkin, my nugget. 

Wired6

13Laurend,this is a beautiful insightful poem I can totally relate 2.

As a cat lover who lost my cat,I agree with you! X

13laurend

Awww thank you so much! I'm so glad you were able to relate to it! 

Wired6

All Hail Cat Lovers!.... X

Julian Favretto

Such a sensitive and touching poem about a pet .  These are sentiments that we all feel when our dog or cat passes. Lauren however was able to express these feelings in the tenderest possible way.  An obituary that we all wish we had written.

Julian Favretto

The poet has done an excellent job of collecting an array of sentiments that we all understand whenever we've lost a pet.  All or some of these thoughts would fit perfectly on a Hallmark Sympathy card for pet lovers who find themselves in the grip of sadness from such a loss.  Very tender and very sensitive emotions that most of us have felt before but never put into words.  Excellent poem .         JF