Masks

Mon, 02/02/2015 - 17:47 -- vernona

We are compulsive liars, half assed triers, and people falling down, getting up with a smile thats been faked while inside they all frown

We are all people pleasers wearing a mask to cover the fact that no matter what you ask no matter the task we will do as we are told

This is our so called bold? Even though we hold the choice we don't raise our voice when society tells us no

But society doesn't know the people will never show the beauty deep inside and all the tears that they cried through the years that they tried to fight the fears deep inside

Take a breath, and pause, lets give a round of applause for those who are themselves today, to them I say, thank you.

vernona

So I have seen a lot of people who go about there lives the way they are told to by social media and their community. It often goes as deep as family. However, I know there are people who despite the criticism live life the way they want to and I admire them. I honestly conform more than not, but I'm trying to be more of myself.