A Letter To Global Warming

Global Warming, 

Let me start out with asking you this: how does it feel to know you're destroying our earth? Are you in control of it? Of course not, but we are. How does it feel to know that on December 21, 2017, it was 61 degrees in the city of Omaha Nebraska? How does it feel to know that by the year 2030, polar bears are expected to become extinct? How does it feel to know that the United States government refuses to believe that global warming is not a scam, and it's not just a "trending issue"? I know that it is not your fault that you are the way you are, and if you had the power to reverse the harm that you've created, would you do it? We as humans should know by now that evolution takes more than just a couple of decades, so why do we keep letting YOU happen? I just want to know this, we are constantly informed about all of the harm done to our planet right now, but if you could give us some guidance on how to give you an extreme makeover, that would be greatly appreciated. My wish to you is for you to become everything you are not. Put fossil fuel emissions back into the ground, help us solve the coral reef catastrophe, help us end the widespread extinction of thousands of animals. But of course, you are only a definition we have heard about or researched at our own convenience, so it is not up to you to change us, it is up to us to change you.

Sincerely,

Madeline E. Weinrich (your local environmental advocate)