Last Days of Pain

You always had a smile

full of knowledge and life

Different from others at school

yet, they treated you like a fool

In the last days of summer

the school days were a bummer

you were always there

and made it feel like no other

As days went by, you light still shone

until a few days before you would go.

Consumed by the words that people would say

as you walked by every day

Feeling trapped in a free world,

people are still as cruel as they were 

before they knew

you were no more

Many saw the change, those two days before

The sun no longer shone, and it would no more

Space was filled with darkness and pain

as you gave your life in the next two days

Consumed by rage, violence, and hate

you made a choice and determined your fate

One last day to say goodbye

you were already gone, there was no light in your eyes

The next day, I went to school

you weren't there and I suddenly knew

the night before, you could no longer stay

you took your life and ended your last days of pain.

Poetry Slam: 

aesau2324

A little over a year ago, I lost a good friend of mine. So he was different, so he might have been gay, yet what did that matter. he was kind and caring, and people decided to hurt him, embarrass him, hate him, and he decided to end his life because of it. The last two days before he committed suicide, he was dark. It was almost as if he wasn't there, and dark masses took his place. I was about to express my concerns to the school administration, and then the next day I learned that I was too late and he was gone. It made me reflect on my own life, as I have been suicidal more than once. I had a teacher whom I trusted very well, and he made sure that I knew that it was not my fault. He made me promise to him that I would not take any actions against myself again. It not only made me review my life, it also made me feel how your teachers can be more than instructors, but family that you might not have. Or even someone to turn to. I was sad to have lost a friend, but I was even happier that I was able to meet such an amazing person, and I also realized how much value is in my life. The lesson here is to make sure people are okay and get them help if you feel that they aren't. It is sad to see people pass away too young, but it is also a reason for the rest of us to go on and make this world a better place.

aesau2324