Land of the Saviors

Sky. 

Not like the ones we used to stare at so blue that it looks too fake to be real. Grey skies 

Not a sky popping with color above our heads screaming “Look up at me. Aren't I gorgeous? This sky is not black enough to be invisible, and not light enough to be called bright. Even if there was a slight glimmer behind its murky outlook, you would know the sky is not for you 

What is a place like this? 

Ruins 

No green grass pushing back and forth the sound of joyous everglades. 

Thorn ground 

Something that hides behind what you can't see or feel. If one shall fall then only bruises from thorn filled grounds awaits them. 

Even if one should fall there would be not a sound, nor is a whisper in a place like this all silent and deadly. 

Souls 

No not the one that will soon flee from your body like the countless ones before you. The lost ones. The ones that didn't get their names plastered in a missing person newsletter. Do you now recognize where you have wandered into? You may not have meant to come here but you surely cannot leave. 

Forgotten. 

This is the place that you have undoubtedly arrived. Do not fish for hope because the catastrophic forgiveness has got you already. 

There will be no need to shout out for help because you should know when you looked at that sky all was lost. 

You could fight against the thorns but you will only bleed because after all you're only flesh and bone. 

Close 

Not the eyes that have already seen too much, not the mouth that always spoke enough, but your heart since you never used it enough. 

Maybe if you had then your soul would not be lost and wandered into a place like this. I cannot save you, because how can one save those who would not save themselves.