How I Found Life in Death

Tue, 03/17/2015 - 14:19 -- E_Jae

I remember it like it was yesterday-

The dripping of rain upon my window, the sound of the wind blowing across the city-

It's hard to tell you the whole truth though because I'm still trying to figure that out myself-

I guess we can start from the beginning-

I awoke to the sound of roaring tigers, of awful thunder storms-

I awoke to a darkness that brought more light to me then any sun or moon could have ever given to me-

I awoke to the realization that sometimes maybe the day is just the night in disguise-

It's hard to say that I actually have seen the light to be truthful-

Rising out of bed I remember my legs weak and stinging of upper thigh warzone-

The strength it took for me to get up was some kind of miracle-

Standing up the heat unbearable yet I wore my long-sleeved shirt to conceal the truth-

Walking on the other hand was a different story-

But back to getting up-

The Thing about it is that not many people understand that getting up isn't just about putting your feet on the ground and standing up-

What people don't realize is that sometimes getting up is one of the hardest things to do, getting up means you're willing to get up-

But the thing is sometimes I don't want to get up, sometimes I don't want to accept the fact that I woke up while there are good people in this world that might just not.

I can't accept that I can stand here like the living dead, while there are some that are dead that should be living-

Sometimes I wonder why I keep getting up, why God is waking me up from a Wonderland I'm wiling to accept-

I awoke that day and I thought maybe the dead are alive, I awoke and I thought maybe It was my time to be alive too-

I remember it like it was yesterday-

I got up only to go back down again-

I went back down, but weirdly enough sitting on that cold hard floor I started to feel alive-

Weirdly enough I accepted that I don't have to be dead to be alive-

This miracle of waking up is that God said to me that to live is to be alive-

The miracle of all of it is that the dead are only alive because they hadn't gotten their chance to be alive and live-

This is the story of how I found out how to be alive by being dead-

This is the story about how I found the light where my darkness loomed-

This is the story of how I keep getting up.