Hopelessness

We have broken down each other so much that no one can stand on their own two feet without falling down into despair and hope to never comeback up.

The love we never held for each other has been thrown off the Empire State building like those who flung themselves off the same building because they couldn’t love themselves.

Only one thing joins our bloodstained hands which is the hate that seems to nullify the hope brought upon us from those trying to rise up from the chocking grasp of humanity.

How does the hope brought by those before us be smashed, broken, and burned at the stake without no remorse supposed to light the way when we do nothing but smother that light

How can we have hope when the only thing we have to look forward to is the inevitable state of anguish that we have been put into by those above us who don’t care if we make it out or not as long as what we sacrifice is weighted heavily in their wallet.

We can only do what is in our capabilities but what do we do when our capabilities are hindered  by those supposed to raise us up and out of the drought brought upon us by those who built the dam.