To Find Happiness

To find happiness is to:

Simply become your own self. You need not dress or act or speak for anyone else, just yourself. If somebody finds you to not be good enough, they have closed their mind to the beauty of you and that a life, any life lived, is truly a miracle in its own right. All it takes to make happiness flow is your favorite dish or book or blanket or cup of tea or person by your side or anything, really.

This is no poem to campaign that happiness must come from God, or friends, or money, or anything in particular, nor is it a poem to plead that happiness cannot come from any of these. To you, happiness may be your favorite dish and favorite friend. The way I see it, you don’t need to answer to the call of social constructs, or expectations of friends, or the judgement of anyone you may pass in that hallways or in the lobby at work. Simply don’t let any of it affect you, be your own original and beautiful and confident-exuding and kind self, and happiness will rap its knuckles at your door.

That, friends, is a call you must never forget to answer.