Emotion

If people were emotions you would be love, the way you look at someone and let them open up like an old cupboard.

Take down their half broken cups and clean up the torn, ugly wallpaper they put up when they were young and naive and replace them with new wood and plastic appliances.

If people were emotions he would be jealousy.

A vain mirror that only reflects the things he doesn't have.His burning desires distorting the image that is reflected back until it's only a clowns mirror stretching him apart and sticking the bitter hairs on the back of his neck into the air. 

If people were emotions she would be sadness. A puzzle peice that never fit. A cardboard cut out that had been pushed into a space that it didn't fit into so many times that eventually it conformed into fitting, its outsides mashed together, makeing an entirely new, deformed peice.

If people were emotions she would be anger. A broken wine glass that had been left down in storage for so long that by the time it got out it was too fine for other people to taste. A fight between two lovers that resulted in glass fragments and a stained white carpet.

If people were emotions I would be fear. A dirty old pair of running shoes that always fit just right. The torn seams breaking apart from how many times i shoved my foot into it and slammed my sles against the sidewalk. Lines of dirt coating it like a calender for every time you came around.