Don't Let The World Make You Cold

I am not going to lie, sometimes it is hard to be a good person,

Because everything that is going on around you can cause you to worsen.

When you are going through something, it can be very easy to turn cold,

And even though you try to stay positive, it takes everything in you to not fold.

While being a good person is the best thing that you can be,

It can be very easy for people to take advantage of you, and it is something that you don't usually see.

While you try to be a good person and give people the benefit of the doubt,

Sometimes it can leave you feeling alone and can cause you to feel left out.

Maybe sometimes it does get a little lonely constanly being the one who is always there for others,

And as much as you want to do it to them, you realize that your heart doesn't give you that druther.

But, at the same time, you can't constantly turn away because you can only take so much,

And the same thing that helps you excel in life could also end up being your crutch.

You're torn in two different directions because you don't know what to do,

Because you realize that you could never do to them the things that they keep doing to you.

Whether you like it or not, you end up being the one who usually sits in the back,

But you can feel everything going on around you starting to get to you, and you feel yourself starting to crack.

Maybe, you can be a good person, and still make sure people to know that you are someone they can't mess with,

And that no matter what they do to you, you are not someone who is going to plead the fifth.

Sometimes it can be hard to stay soft in a world that can be so cruel,

Especially when this is something that many people think makes them cool.

But it has taken me a long time to realize that if you are soft, you are really the one who is strong,

Because when everyone else gave up, you were the one who was able to keep going along.

At the end of the day, you are the only heart that you need to be able to hold,

Because you can't allow miserable people to be the reason that you end up cold.