Definition Of Success

At some point there comes a time where we have the talk with our parents

The talk about success and at some point we all choose to digress

As they say “you need a good score to get into college” and as they speak they see eyes rolling faster than the speed of light

They stop, with a blank face and wide eyes and wonder how a child could be so bright

They speak of all the opportunities that they have given to me to fit my needs so they could feel pleased

Another day comes

Today you study so that tomorrow you ONLY receive a C when you were hoping for a B

Then all of a sudden you pause and wonder why, why do I have to find X to reach success

When in my life will I apply the Pythagorean Theorem, matrixes, sins, cosines, sequences and series?

How many endless equations, subjects and dates will I have to study only to forget after the end of a test?

Another day comes

Surprise, it’s a test

But not just any test a test only designed to separate you from rest

Were You sit at a desk for hours on end to only receive your scores 4 weeks later to only find out you are only 3 marks away from your desired school

Because I was only 3 marks short does that make me any less qualified for a particular school than others

We all have different abilities, thoughts and genes so why is a class full of individuals tested on the same means

So does that make you dumb because you couldn’t solve a couple of sums?

Then it becomes a mind boggling problem, to try and get the best quality because every school has a problem with your original quality

Exams are designed to put you in a certain caste of society

A society that says you have to dress to impress

A society who promotes equality but say that a woman’s place is in the kitchen

A society of men who preach charity but own private jets

A society that preaches beauty with the model on the box half photo shopped

A society that wants higher learning but increases tuition every year

You can test us with test but they never prepare us for the real final test of success

I do not expect everyone to understand

Weather it was the F or A, C or B or even a D on that exam because it was too hard to understand

This one is for classmates the ones who found what they were looking for on Google, the ones who follow their dreams on twitter, picture their dreams on instagram, accepted destiny on Facebook

Weather A or B, D or F we will not let exam results determine our fate.