Competition

It's so funny how it seems like everytime I tell you that I am doing something, you are suddenly doing it too,

But the only difference is that everytime you start something, you never seem to see it through.

This is the exact reason why I never tell anyone the things that I have planned,

Because it always ends up becoming that they want to one up me, and then I see where we stand.

Over time, there are a couple of things that I realized about people like you,

That you love to talk about the things that you have planned, but these are also the things that you never do.

One thing I learned about myself is that I don't talk about it, but I always do what I have planned,

And I do it with my mind going crazy, my head down, and without a helping hand.

There are a lot of people who love to make sure everyone knows what they are doing because they want the praise,

I do this for my own satisfaction, and I am someone who never went through that phase.

This whole experience made me realize that this is the exact reason why I don't trust anyone,

Because what I am doing is the thing that saved my life, and you claim to be doing this just for fun.

From now on, I am going to go back to keeping my head down and focusing on me,

Because I realized people love to try and take away from you what is yours and all of the things that you can be.

I am no longer going to tell you how all of this is going, because it is me and my goals,

And because in my life, people like you no longer play an important role.

So I am going back to grinding with my head down and my mouth shut,

And I am going to listen to my heart next time it tells me what I already know, because I knew this all along in my gut.

It's fine, it's not a big deal, because I love to compete, whether you know it or not,

Because the nice girl who respects everyone is gone, and you blew you shot.

The biggest difference between me and you is that when I say I am going to do something, I actually follow through,

And you give up on things the second it gets hard, but I also realized that that is just you.

So go ahead, try and compete against me, and try and one up me,

But I promise you, the work ethic and the accomplishments that I have are not something that comes free.