Choices

Sun, 06/18/2017 - 03:16 -- You92

No one is ever there to hold your head above water while you're drowning keeping them dry. They hover above you and look down on you with idle hands. Staring straight into​ your pleading eyes telling you to help your damn self. They effortlessly craft your inferiority with their diseased superiority by making a spectacle of your pain. Painting a vivid picture at your expense to feed off of the fear they call respect that will keep them above us. A picture of an unidentifiable being less deserving of humanity because the weak battered creatures cry for help was belittled to nothing more than an unhealthy way of seeking negative attention. Therefore it must be ostracized, purified, and rehabilitated. THEY, of course, come out on top as the doogooders and valliant savior of this once thriving human being they destroyed themselves. They tell you that marijuana, is a dangerous controlled substance that opens a portal leading to impending death yet send you home with bottles full of a man made substance loaded with warning labels they staple right to the bag to protect themselves from being reliable for opening a far more powerful portal yeilding more profitable to them. Finally peeling your eyelids back to reveal that the devil himself is clad in a lab coat surrounded by the fully formed fetuses of the aborted, claiming to have the cure. He then hands you a razor and a bottle of adverse side effects leaving you alone with your thoughts, and a choice. So you readily choose to let the darkness do its job and you momentarily fade into peaceful, blissful nothing. Only to be blindsided by the ultra bright lights of a hospital that needs you alive and unwell in order to prosper. The shame and failure that fills you, knowing that even death is a choice you are forbidden to make yourself. You look around to a room full of people who haven't left your side, not even a moment. Though they are not here to support you in your time of need. They are not here to spread love and healing whispers of sincere apologies. THEY simply wouldn't miss the chance to be first. The first person to see your face when the dread hits, the first voice to tell you how selfish and cruel your actions were. Leaving the otherwise emotionless, so terribly frightened. After all. Who else is going to keep them high and dry. But your day does come the day karma saves you by taking your life. Your suffering is finally over and your sacrifices and unwavering courage does not go unseen by those that mattered. THEIR pain is just beginning. You have been ripped out from under their cruel cold feet. Now THEY are sinking deeper into an ocean tinged red with the blood of the your sacrifices. Now they plead for the oxygen the idle hands could easily provide, but won't. Their suffering won't come and go so swiftly. They will wonder when karma is going to do them the Justice they deserve and rain down the mercy upon them that they refused the suffering​. So karma intervened divinely. They have no power here. They have none of control that striking fear everywhere once gave them.​ Karma gave THEM exactly what THEY deserved​. An eternity in the hell they created themselves. But are they sorry? Only To look up at their torturer, expecting to see the devil administering such evil, yet impeccably confronted by their own reflection, merely exacting their own actions, do they finally understand the severity of their choices. We can't escape karma. She is just and fair. She can either be your hero or your maker. The choice is yours alone.

Poetry Slam: 

You92

Im pretty sure ppl get 1/4 of the way through this and go, nah fuck this shit.