Awesome God

awesome is the way you've never failed to pick me up when I fall...
the way you move whenever anyone in the world calls your name.

I'm amazed by the way you effortless carry the weight of all my burdens on your back, just as your son so willingly carried that cross.

you hold my world in your hands.

it's amazing how every time we run away from you, wasting our energy and exerting ourselves, as soon as we decide to turn around and come back, we run straight into your arms because you've been right behind us all the while. 

those times when we pray for peace and instantly feel it, those times we are broken and in need, you instantly heal it... 
God those times our bodies have been twisted and morphed into the devils play houses, you have always intervened and made us clean, restoring us to your original creations.

Lord, you take my breath away.

your love is unending, unfailing, never unkind, unmerited, unselfish, and we are absolutely positively undeserving ..but you still give it to us.

Father, you leave me speechless. 

you are everything I am, everything I strive to be, everything that lives in me was birthed by you. 

no one can stand against you? 
no one can do anything remotely like you?
no one can ever be deserving of being called God.

and for that ....you...are awesome.