A Letter to My Unborn

Dear Cassius, 

Hopefully, you're a boy because I love this name. If only you knew how hard I've been working to make sure you'll never have a financial issue a day in your life. Yet, that's not what we're about to discuss because I can go on and on about my achievements and grades and how awesome your mom will be. I'm writing to you so that you know one of your mother's biggest flaws. Many people tell me that this is an issue only the powers of you can fix. I lack empathy. Part of it is because of the way I was raised and another part of it is because of further internal issues. I am just glad to be able to admit it to you beforehand, so when you come it can be fixed or maybe you can even fix it. Your grandfather and grandmother raised me to be very strong and independent. Naturally, when I wasn't allowed to express my feelings and problems, so I shut out listening to the issues of others. When people have problems in their life I tend to not care as much as other people would due to the mindset of "get over it" that has been instilled in me. I present you with this issue because I would love for you to be my catalyst in changing this attribute I obtain.  

Love Your Future Mommy