You Gave Me Lies

63042

(I wrote this poem shortly after breaking up with my ex girlfriend of more than one year- which is a lot for a Junior and a Sophomore in High School. Anyway...this expresses the pain on my part that is channeled through my body just about every day now. Enjoy. Perhaps you can relate. And in case you're wondering...yeah...I did give her gold. Real gold. In the form of a 10k Cross that's probably laying in the dumps somewhere now. All because I got sick of her putting her friends before me, almost everytime. And on top of it, she could never try hard enough in school to even see me outside of it. Even with all the help I gave her...tutoring, praise for what she did do well in school, support at her choir concerts...the whole nine yards. And I know I wasn't the only one to offer her support either. Now she treats me like I never existed, and is apparently dating some guy who skips class constantly to smoke weed. It's whatever, I'm so used to it.)

I gave you hugs, you gave me headaches.
I gave you kisses, you gave me a knife through the chest.
I gave you romance, you gave me a recall.
I gave you gold, you gave me grief.
I gave you trust, you gave me turmoil.
I bought you a teddy bear, you bought me tears.
I wrote you poetry, you spelled "PAIN" for me.
I gave you drawings, you gave me desolation.
I gave you love, and you gave me...Lies!