Where I’m From

I’m from a family of greyFrom my sisters, my brother and my parentsI’m from the tears Serria wiped awayI’m from the lilacs Mom used to grow I’m from fights and apologies From Mom and Step dadI’m from I told you so and the maybe I was wrongFrom Serria and Cecilia I’m from the rolling down the hillsFrom the sweet tea brewing on the stoveI’m from the lies From the deceit I’m from the power of musicFrom the voice of Andy BlackI’m from the words flowing on my notebook paperFrom the story they tell I’m from a place called KokomoFrom a place that isn’t heaven or hellI’m from a place that isn’t thought ofFrom a town that is small  I’m from the bands that Cecilia used to blareFrom the games Danny yelled at I’m from the arguments Serria had with MomFrom the quiet we all settled into at night I’m from all of the broken heartsFrom all of the “I give up”sI’m from the all of the “I never told you”sFrom the hurt that’s left behind I’m from the silly promisesFrom the stupid friendship bracelets I’m from the letters that were sentFrom the hearts that were torn apart I’m from the disappearing without a traceFrom reappearing out of no whereI’m from the “where have you been?”From the “forget about me and move on” I’m from the days and nights crying,From the lies of saying I’m fineI’m from the “I don’t miss you at all”From the trying to forget I’m from the arguments between a girl and her broken heartFrom the quietly pretending like it doesn’t hurtI’m from the abuse that haunted me for yearsFrom the nightmares that chase me from my slumber  I’m from the panic attacks that left me exhaustedFrom the waves of depression that left me numbI’m from the heartaches that left me broken downFrom the slowly losing hope that left ripped me apart I’m from the goodbyesFrom the apologies I’m from the scars that were leftFrom the life that follows after