V

V

Dear Mr./Ms. Authority, 

I am Vassal.

You don’t know me personally—just my kind—but I’ve noticed your presence in the news.  People talk, maintaining that your illness is beyond hope, but, verily, I pray unto a higher power for you, that you may be rid of your illness soon.

-V

In a reality where truth is fluid, axioms are logs—lodged as the currents of time and place surge around them.
Even though truth is inherent in axioms, axioms are not always heeded. Throughout the course of human history, immoral behaviors have taken axes to axioms, especially to one sprouted from the 2002 Spider-Man movie: “With great power, comes great responsibility.” Today is no exception: division, imprisonment, torture, war, genocide.

Dear Mr./Ms. Authority,
            I am sorry to inform you that you have tested positive for corruption. Corruption is a disease that affects the brain, impairing your judgment and other mental facilities. With corruption, you are more disposed to harm others. The disease is highly contagious. You must be removed from power before you infect others.

-Dr. V

To clarify, I am not expecting saints (although ideally our leaders would be). I want leaders with a basic sense of morality, leaders who care for all of their people…but we receive the avaricious—those who view power as a means to benefit personally. The world allows individuals access to our strings, individuals who divide and exploit and ignore us.
Division, imprisonment, torture, war, genocide—all take away our God-given rights to live freely and happily.

Dear Mr./Ms. Authority,

I am Vigilant.

Verily, verily I say unto you
(who hath been given the authority to execute judgment,
decisions which you may future rue)
Wield your power wisely
or sacrifice another’s right to live blithely.

-V