Stop Being So Sensitive

"Stop being so sensitive" says a man who made a rape joke to a survivor of sexual assault who just wants to enjoy thanksgiving dinner.

"Stop being so sensitive" says a mother who speaks in slurs when talking about people of color, to her daughter who is reconsidering bringing her Islamic boyfriend home to meet her family.

"There are no safe spaces in the real world" says a man to a transgender teen who just wants to know that she isn't going to be attacked, or raped, or killed on her way home from work.

"There are no safe spaces in the real world" says a passerby to a teen who is now homeless because his family won't accept him and his boyfriend.

"Stop being so sensitive" says a man who said that women belong in the kitchen to a woman who was told by her own family that women can't be engineers, or scientists, or architects.

"Just get over slavery" says the person who thinks that the KKK is freedom of speech, but BLM is violent.

"Just stop being so sensitive" you say to the minorities, as you exercise your privilege.

You, who are offended, you have the problem.

Just stop being sensitive.