Standing

People may ask, amoung all American students why aren't I standing?

I am a daughter of a black man , a man who has been taken in for a crime not his wrong doing.

A man who would break his back for his family and go to hell and back for others. 

A daughter of a white woman who although is white, will have to work harder because she's a woman. 

Yet never in her life wil she get rewarded the same amount as the white male before her.

I don't stand, for the immigrant children that are taken from thier families, and tramatized in camps we swore we'd never put another indidvual in. 

I don't stand, for the children that are afraid to be themeselves for the fear of being rejected by society and family. 

The expectations given upon them in which kill who they are born to be , has it never occured they are upset?

I don't stand, for our injustice system has yet to give its rightful justices, to the families of millions who are trapped in endless sorrow, for they will never see their loved one again. 

I don't stand , for there's people on the street that have yet to get back on thier feet. Living in poverty is not the Amercian dream. 

I don't stand , for this nation has yet to become "great". We have lots to own up for, especially our mistakes. 

So no I won't stand , not today or tomorrow, not until this injustice is resolved, not until these children are given back, until these people are off the street,  and not until America listens to its people. I will not stand.