Silent Cloak

I stand staring in the mirror looking so hard as if my reflection might change. Leaving the breeding grounds that feed the sounds in my head. Slipping on a cloak of silence as I leave the house hiding the very things that make me, me. Walking out the door I breathe in the air of the day. The hurt and pain is all I feel though no freshness heals my soul. Wrapping up tighter in my security blanket hoping no one will capture a gaze of what makes me, me. Behind one wall is the pain of past people who have come and gone and left blood stained walls, no one needs to know my hurt smile anyway. Behind another wall is the addiction the prerequisites of people’s expectations causing me to suffer in silence, hide it anyway is all I think. Next is my insufferable sin the one that I hide the best that no one can begin to come close to finding. I want to see the light feel the freshness yet I'm hiding in silence behind a cloak of fear and to see all the faces seeing the truth looking down in anguish at the not so smooth grime living on my surface I falter away. Slowly I begin to realize that even I can't see my true self I am afraid to admit all my secrets to see the disappointment. So one by one I pick up my walls that are hidden behind this cloak and I sling them at the wall of truth on the other side and as the truth is revealed the cloak is burned and I am free and now all can see the true me standing beneath this cloak.