Respect (A Rant)

Some people live by the saying 'Respect is earned.'

I; on the other hand, wholeheartedly believe that, that saying is complete and utter bull shit.
And here is why:

Any decent person would know that respect is something that you should have for everyone you meet, unconditionally and without hesitation or reconsideration.

Until of course they give you a reason that causes you to lose respect for them and even then you should still be polite to show your really fine without them.

There are countless reasons to justify why some people do the things they do and why they express themselves to the world around them the way they do. Maybe it the way the person acts or the clothes they wear, maybe it's the way they speak-out about their religion or spirituality to. It could be the pride they express for their sexuality or their $300 shoes. Nevertheless, respect should ALWAYS be given upon meeting anyone and everyone, it doesn't matter who.

NONE of these things should have any impact on the amount of respect you have towards someone you just met.

Whether they are 37, 72, or 4 and a half, everyone deserves respect.  

No one should ever be denied common courtesy from someone they just met due to judgementality.

I don't live by cliché quotes and sayings but a few have stuck with me.

Such as "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger", because although not everyone will respect you their rude or absurd comments and glares will build you up and make you a stronger person with bigger dreams and desires.

"Every man is created equal with certain, unalienable rights".

Yes i quoted the Bill Of Right, and yes i believe this to be true. We are all equals, some of us just stick out a little more than others might.

And last but not least,

“Respect is lost, not earned. You will always have my respect until you give me a reason for you to lose it.” Because we all deserve respect but, not all of us deserve to keep it and some will never learn.