Personal Epiphany

I was born to put words on paper and make the world a better place because of it.

The amount of knowledge I have yet to learn is intimidating, but the idea of learning exhilarating.

I am bored in this town that is too small for me.

City lights line my horizon.

Just six months ago I was afraid to tell people I wanted to be an author.

Today, I read a class full of judgemental peers a list of honest facts about myself.

It was titled "The Things I Want You to Know About Me."

I said that sometimes I am too quiet or too serious or too studious and I'm not sorry.

I said that I have learned there are battles that aren't worth fighting.

I said that the more someone tells me I can't do something, the more sure I am that I will do it.

I also shared that I keep a box in my room full of notecards that I use to document the good things that happen in my life.

I told them that I love learning new words and that I've read all seven Harry Potter books four times.

One fact that I didn't write was that I can't believe my freshmen year I was a girl afraid to raise my hand even though I had all the answers.

I'm done second guessing myself and being afraid of things that I can't control.

I have never felt bigger or more capable or more beautiful.

Insteadof telling myself that I don't care what anyone things, today I didn't care.

Today I was me.

I laughed out loud at my own wit in front of twenty skeptical teenagers and read clearly though my voice was shaking and my palms were sweating.

I took back any apologies they may have interpreted over the years from my silcence.

I have nothing to be sorry for.

I have everything to be proud of.