Ode to the Stranger in the Mirror

Thu, 02/23/2017 - 14:56 -- Skuil99

Hi! my name is… unimportant

Hi! My name is… unneeded
Hi! My name is..nothing it means nothing

It is Obsolete at this point there is no going back

Hi my name is depression, Hi! My name is anxiety

Hi my name is self esteem

I know you’ve probably heard a lot about me,
I mean I am pretty popular so you have to have heard of me,

Maybe even on the news! I don’t know why but I just love to creep inside your mind

Planting eggs of doubt in the already weak crevices, bringing your confidence to its highest peak when you try something on at the store, and then making you feel more than below intelligent when you try to wear it out in public. Surrounded by eyes who only skim over you but I make you feel as if they are staring into you, as if the stare’s themselves can claw into your skin leaving behind nothing but scars and tears.

Hi! My name is...lost,I  often feel quite lost and i can only ever feel the fear clinging to the back of my neck like a thick fog, surrounded but not quite touching, there but not quite yet sinking in, I am the dread that comes with change. Sometimes I wonder if I should go and follow these memories that pop up, they blind me and side track me both the painful and the good,

I wonder if I should go and follow these memories of the past behind me or move forward, beyond what I see, BEyond What I SEE, tossing aside the reference to the lion king and the childhood I will never get back, tossing aside the medications that have denied me the ability to know me. The ability to know my own name..

Hi my name is survivor, I am a survivor of rape, of abuse, of drug abuse, of bulimia and anorexia. Hi it’s really nice to meet you, I never thought I’d make it this so far so thank you. Even if you don’t know what you did, you were still here to listen and sometimes that is all someone needs so thank you.

Hi I am a survivor and

I am here to stay.