Not Just a Call for Change

1 John 4:9-11 In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

-

Our culture is so worried about placing labels on ourselves and one another, when we should be focusing on loving our sisters and brothers. Whether it be status,ethnicity, sexuality, or religion. We place so much value on our labels that we forget about our values and our mission. Our mission to pour God's love into others lives. This is why more and more people turn away from God. We preach about God’s love, but are we truly showing it? Instead of persecuting others, we should be loving those who need it. It breaks my heart to see the hatred within a nation, especially of those claiming “Christianity". We claim to show God's love but what steps have we taken? We ought to be more Christ like and show love so the Big Guy can be proud of us from above. Our outside appearance does not matter because we are merely the vessels in which God created to carry our souls. Instead of focusing on labels for sexuality and fighting about what should be accepted, we need to focus on more important things, helping the sick, feeding the needy, all which show God’s love. If you are reading this, you are one of the richest people in the world. IN THE WORLD. Not because of your technology either, because you hold the ability to read but that you have received the education to read and write. With that gift, how many of you even take the time to thank the Lord at night? And instead of using that education for good, we take precious time and waste it in order to hurt others by writing offensive comments, and stating opinions that serve no purpose of being beneficial to anyone. Do those comments really illustrate the person you wanted to become/ There are so many things that need change on our Earth. From poverty in countries to teaching girls that they really do have worth.

With that I leave you with a quote from Ghandi of "be the change you wish to see in the world". Not because we should just, but we need it. These issues are always on my mind and until changes are made, these thoughts will never quit.