No More Answers

The door recited a story in a low voice, “Don’t come any closer.” But I couldn’t resist. I wanted what was behind that door more than I wanted the rain to stop. Could you sense I was there? I was too scared to find out. My thoughts were weaving together like a double – helix. I should have just walked away. I felt like a stalker. This would just make things worse. But I had to know. This feeling was like a fungus. So badly I wanted to knock on that door. Apologize. Then maybe you’d let me inside your world again. We’d hug. Finally I’d be in your warm embrace. Without you, I wasn’t sure what I was. I felt pathetic. I didn’t want to depend on a guy to make me happy. Nothing made sense anymore. Maybe me being here would be the coup de grace of whatever we had. Maybe I should just let things simmer. I saw you look out your window. Our eyes locked and, for a second, I swore I saw you smile. But maybe it was the dark. Maybe it was my over active imagination playing tricks on me. Because your eyes, they looked hurt. Good thing it was raining. I didn’t want you to see me cry.