Melancholy

Why? You might ask.Sadness, you say?Rain, rain go away, come again another day. The whirlwind of depression pulls me up and down, up and down; just waiting for it to shove me to the ground.The waves crashing into me as I try to keep swimming, only to find I am drowning in a never-ending sea of sadness. Keep your head up? Keep going, this is only temporary!Why am I being politely told to get my shit together? The rainbow of emotions, spiraling winds of melancholic moods as I brace for impact once more.The rollercoaster ride of anger and bitterness drive my body to its anxious thump.Thump, thump-thump, thumpthumpthumpthump! My heart races and drags my body behind. What can I do? How can I help?There is a reason for this. The moment of relief; the calm in the storm. The cry for help as I scream out.Only to be muffled by the dark, cold water as I am drowning yet again.The motors of loved ones keep splashing more cold water at my face as I continue drowning into the great deep unknown. The monsters below hold me up until I am ready to sink deeper in.The tears rolling me down into the deep. Why won't this whirlwind ever end?Is this how it will always be? Why? You might ask. Sadness, you say? Rain, rain go away, come again another day.    It won't go away; it will come again day after day.