LONELY SOUL

LEFT ON THE STREET

ALL ALONE

SO LONELY IN THE COLD AND DARK PLACE

WHERE THEY AREN'T ENOUGH SPACE

SO MUCH PAINFUL EMOTIONS CLOUDED ON THEIR FACES

IT BECAME A BURDEN THEY COULDN'T EXPRESSED IN WORDS

HOMELESS AND HELPLESS

STARVING AND WEAKNESS

STRIVING TO FIND A LITTLE LOVE

IN THIS CRUEL WORLD

UNSPOKEN WORDS

UNSHED TEARS

CROWDED WITH SO MUCH ANGER

NOT CARING IF IT COULD LEAD TO DANGER

HOLDING HANDS TOGETHER, SMILING

THEY COULD  ALL SEE A SILVER LINING

THERE IS AHOPE IN THEM

WILL SURELY FND THEIR LOST WAY

WHEN THERE IS A WILL, THERE WILL BE A WAY

SLEPT WITH A JOY IN THEIR HEART

TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY.

Nancy-Reyes

I met my husband when he was homeless in Los Angeles living in the brush by the river. 

I feel like he and I are destiny. He ran to me in rags on his outside; I ran to him with rags on my inside; he says I made him whole again. Gave him back his dignity. He did the same for me even though I had material wealth and home comforts. 

I was a lawyer and he was an addict recovering from years of heroin abuse; 15 years homeless. I believe, in my opinion, there are millions of good people who are lost in the concrete jungle, lost in the cracks of the dirt in rural lands struggling with heroic resilience. Children, parents, veterans, working, single people, married people, sick and injured people, all deserving of a standard of living they will never experience. While millions of people who never worked a day in her or his life will rant in judgment of the poor, legislate policies to punish rather than uplift (even if those policies are more expensive), as if somehow they deserve the randomness of their destiny.

I wish I had a way to take your pain and put it into the air. I wanted you to know, for what ever it's worth that your words moved me to ache. 

It sux that all I can do is write these words to you. I wish the voters, politicians and corporatocracy of our country were willing to do more to end this sickness and shame we have heaped on your back and those in your situation. You DON'T deserve this burden. For what it's worth, I am deeply apologetic that we have no collective will to end this madness.