Individuality is Key

Fri, 01/02/2015 - 15:06 -- C-Note

My most redeeming attribute is that i do not distribute the pieces of myself esteem to anyone who

I deem unworthy. By this I mean that I dont "bend over" just because a cool guy or girl came over and 

told me to act like, talk like, and walk like them. You can imagine how my life was in school because 

living by this principle many would call me a "loner" or a fool because I never followed everyone

elses social rules. Instead I was myself, and if you didn't like it you could leave,

That also happened alot, because of my specific way of thinking, others could comprehend it, not

because it was too complicated or weird but because they were too scared to stand on their own,

because in the crowd and in being like everyone else is where they made their social home.

I, having gone to the same school with "tools" for years, couldn't really start over year to year, 

like many new students could, but I would have given anything to have a chance

To be the cool kid for once, and not the social outcast, BUT i didn't want it enough to where I would

give up what makes me unique, and that quality is, that NO ONE CONTROLS ME

I only have great friends because I am not so eager as to appease everyone who comes my way

fake people come and go, and only by being vigilant and being yourself to the end can you see who

will accept you as you are and stay. You be you, and I'll be me, a possible friendship? Maybe. but i 

know this, in this life, INDIVIDUALITY IS KEY.