I Think I Love You

Once before, I thought I was in love, but I soon realized that this was not true,

And I was questioning if I ever would feel it for you, but that was until I met you.

The second I saw you, there was something in my head and my heart that clicked,

And I never thought that I would be able to fall so fast and so quick.

I was someone who never believed in love at first sight because it didn't seem real,

But that was until I laid my eyes on you, and you taught me how to feel.

I look into your dark brown eyes, and I see a future that I never thought of with anyone else before,

Because you were the one who was able to help me see a new open door.

Your smile can light up a room, and you do it without even having to try,

And it clears up the darkest of days, and leaves everyone looking at a clear blue sky.

You have your head on straight and that is something that I have always loved about you,

Because you do what needs to be done, without having to have anyone tell you what to do.

You make me want to push myself to be a better person, and you bring out the best in me,

And you were able to see something in me that I was never able to see.

I never thought that I would find someone who feels like they are the half that I have missed,

And I knew that from the very first moment that we kissed.

I don't know if it is too early to tell you that I love you but I have known this from the start,

And I know that this is true because I have always felt it in my heart.

I have never met someone who challenged me in such a good way the way that you do,

And in the past couple of years that I have known you, you have changed everything that I thought I knew.

There were so many times where people kept telling me to give up, and I was starting to believe that they were right,

But they never believed in love the way that I do, and they never saw how you could always light up the darkest nights.

I changed everything that I knew for you, and at some points I was questioning whether this was a good idea or not,

But I realized that this was everyone else getting in my head and changing the way that I thought.

Next time I see you, I am going to put everything out there and know that this will all be for the best,

Because I am ready to finally have you permanently, and to finally have all of those doubts laid to rest.